TO CHECK IF YOU NEED POOL LEAK REPAIR, START WITH THE “BUCKET TEST”
- Bring the pool water to its normal level.
- Fill an empty bucket with pool water to about one inch from the top of the bucket.
(By filling the bucket close to the top, you are ensuring that air movement over the
surface of the bucket will be similar to that of the pool).
- Place the bucket on the first or second step of the pool. To keep it from floating away,
it may be necessary to place a brick or rocks into the bucket (by placing the bucket in
the pool water you are ensuring that the water temperature of each will be similar).
- Mark the water level inside the bucket.
- Mark the water level of the pool on the outside of the bucket, on the pool wall, on the
pool tile or in the skimmer throat.
- Operate the pool for 24 hours as operated when a leak was first suspected.
- After 24 hours, compare the two levels. If the pool water (outside mark) goes down
more than the water level in the bucket (inside mark), there is probably a leak.
For further guidance contact:
4196 S University Drive
Davie, FL 33328